Something Is Happening Art Exhibition


This is my first experience being part of an art show. I have never helped install a show, nor have my work exhibited for any shows, so this project has been quite a learning experience for me. 


Art Installation in MoMA: Five Words In Green Neon

I have always wondered when I visit museums like MoMA – how is a gallery show planned, installed or designed, especially for those special installations, and luckily, I can get my hands on for once. 

The designing process of my photo book was long and tiring but I really had a lot of fun. 


The Cover of My Photo Book

Selecting the photos that I want to exhibit was extremely hard for me: I selected 20 images for my Flickr album, and included a lot more in my photo book, so picking the best two out of 50+ images could be a bit frustrating. I decided to go with the ones that was most relevant to my original idea of this photo collection – to look from a different angle, which was stated in the previous blogpost.


An image I didn't get to include in my photo book

 I enjoyed it a lot at the actual installing process, as it was organized and clear and all new to me. I didn’t know that the position of each art piece is so carefully arranged, as I always thought they should assembled by artist and their “importance”. But this has been a really fun experience where I also get to see my artwork hanging on the wall for the first time.


You all know I ill be guilty if I don't include a Tarkovsky film in the end so here it is

The Adoration of the Magi  by Leonardo da Vinci, a scene in The Sacrifice
This film has a lot to do with art, art book, art piece and reproductions. In this shot, the postman Otto says "
God, what a terrible one! I’ve always been very afraid of Leonardo". 

Comments

  1. I also had a similar experience as although I had gone to museums like MoMA, I have never actually set up a exhibition on my own. It was a great learning experience. I also personally enjoyed it as it was a group project where the students in the class could work together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts