Who Is Anny Dai?

You probably never heard this name before (or some might know me… from weird things I do). I love films. And that’s pretty much what my world is made up of: films, plots, drama, stories, characters… I constantly have stories going on in my mind ever since I was a child. They’re like mini-plays or scenes. In other words, it’s all visual. I replay the same scene over and over again - each time a little bit different. I’ve sought ways of self-expression for years: I used to write, and now I have found film. It makes a lot of sense.
A Scene From My Work (Link to the film)

I like to make films about myself and how I view the world around me. I love to observe the rhythm of daily life, to capture the beauty of the most common things, like rain, water, fire, and wind.
A Scene From The Sacrifice (1986), by my favorite director Andrei Tarkovsky  
Director Hirokazu Koreeda once said, “I want to describe the world that is not saved by superheroes - the world that is full of ordinary people and is a little bit dirty, but suddenly looks so beautiful.” This is the kind of film I want to make.

Film is an interesting collage of all kinds of art and media, just like what McLuhan says about the television, it "completes the cycle of the human sensorium."

I’m not really an artsy person,
Me Unamused By A Painting (DC, 2019.11)
but I’d like to explore different kinds of art in this class and see how it goes.
(New York, 2019,03)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts