EVERYTHING WE DO IS MUSIC

This is the first time I use Adobe Audition. I’ve only mixed (literally) sounds in Premiere before where I have multiple soundtracks of ambient sounds or sound effects to make a certain scene sound more natural. This is my first attempt in mixing “music”, although I still went a more “visual” approach as I envisioned a scene or a story before I thought about any sound. I am a huge horror film fan, and the film Texas Chainsaw has one of the best horror film soundtracks of all time. 


That is my inspiration and what I envisioned before I went in with this project. I asked a friend who is more talented than me in music to improvise piano piece based on that, and I recorded it with a Zoom recorder. She used nails and other weird tools to play with the strings of the piano, which is scary to watch and listen to at the same time. I used other ambient sounds I recorded on camera for other projects and mixed in some royalty-free sounds I found fitting. 



This piece itself is very self-explanatory, but I still want to try something even more experimental. I put this soundtrack to another short piece I made, which has a completely different vibe to itself. And through the comparison between the remake and the origin, hopefully, we can realize the power of sound in films.





ANNND I have our daily Tarkovsky ready for y'all.


This is a scene from Tarkovsky's "first" film The Steam Roller And The  Violin


Comments

  1. I love this soundscape, really into the echos and the sounds that fade away. I also enjoyed knowing there was unconventional use of instruments. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts